Friday, December 7, 2007

Ode to Our Ford..

The science fiction novel "Brave New World" has completely grabbed my attention. By the time I had finished the first chapter my whole perspective on society changed completely. What if the world was like this futuristic society? Could it possibly be more efficient? If a factory were to be staffed completely by identical twins that were specially conditioned from birth, specifically to complete their pre-destined career, I think that they could have great co-operation with each other, and in turn be extremely productive. But what cost is advancement worth? I certainly don't think that I would like to give up my individuality for the sake of manufacturing. But say our society were to condition people to enjoy what we were predestined to do, and were given every pleasure imaginable, people would generally be happier, and we would probably (once again) produce more.

No comments: